Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation project

The government of Sudan has launched tender in search of consultants to assist within the implementation of an irrigation venture in the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The project entails installation of 1,a hundred and seventy solar irrigation pumps within the country. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision providers, design of solar water pumping techniques, in accordance with the requirements of every farm.
The companies may also provide assistance to the irrigation project implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the set up and commissioning of the photo voltaic pumps. The firms may even support the challenge implementation unit through technical and financial supervision to ensure that all works are carried out based on the contract specifications. The consultants will also take part in the building actions and in the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising effectivity of solar-powered pumping methods
Erratic rainfall
The photo voltaic pumps shall be put in in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states the place erratic rainfall is mostly skilled as a end result of arid climate and local weather change, with a negative impact on agricultural yields, according to the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new gear might be used to pump groundwater. In addition to food security, the venture goals to reduce farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are dangerous to human well being and the setting. Interested companies have until September 14th, 2021 to apply.
The irrigation venture is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). เกจวัดแรงกด remaining 25% might be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment indicates that the installation of the solar pumps might be accomplished by December thirty first, 2025.
Share

Leave a Comment